Friday 28 February 2014

Launching my Shemp Howard crowdsourcing campaign


 
Fellow bloggers, I have truly entered the 21st Century by launching my first Indiegogo crowdsourcing campaign in an attempt to raise funds for my next book – a non-fictional account of the life of Shemp Howard, better known to the world as the Forgotten Stooge.

It’s a book I’ve wanted to write for some time but, with the difficulties of garnering grants these days, there are some major fiscal issues with which to deal. I’ve learned that some individuals in the entertainment world and other business sectors facing such challenges, like the great filmmaker Spike Lee, have turned to crowdsourcing. So I felt I would give it a try.

To campaign supporters I will make an attempt to offer the finished ‘print’ product – whether published or self-published – at a much reduced rate. If possible, I would also like to offer a number of copies ‘free’ as a gift to perhaps the first 25. I am hoping to finish the book later this year, after which I will seek a professional editor and then a publisher.

At the end of the day, I simply hope you will enjoy what I uncover about Shemp Howard’s life. He is reported to be Jeopardy host Alex Trebek’s favorite Stooge. As a little preview tidbit, Shemp billed himself as “The Ugliest Man in Hollywood”, a strange self-effacing title that nonetheless made him one of the most sought after comic actors in the film business.

BTW, if you’re interested, my e-book out The Fine Art of Boxing – No Stooge in the Ring, is still available on Amazon - http://www.amazon.ca/The-Fine-Boxing-Stooge-Ring-ebook/dp/B00F3FN1MQ .

If you want to look at and maybe even support my Shemp campaign, you can use the link https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/f5c65c3c

This will take you directly to the segment of the Indiegogo site that displays my campaign.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment